Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Tre Stelle Coffee Co (Dallas) + Gig & Skate

It's a new week and time for a new bag of beans!

I'm back on the Yirgacheffe train this week with a fresh bag from Tre Stelle Coffee Company, based in Dallas but has its roots in Eritrea.  I found Tre Stelle while on a recent tour with the band.  The morning I was leaving Dallas, I stopped by Benny's Bagels and picked up some road snacks as well as a fantastic bagel with lox.  Tre Stelle has several great reviews for their coffee and their beans - and it was along my route - so I stopped by to relax with my bagel and coffee.

And oh damn - both were great!  I think the regular drop they were serving was a Central American blend - which had a great balanced flavor and paired well with my bagel w/ lox.  However, I knew that I was out of Ethiopian coffees at home, so I picked up this bag before hitting the road again.

For the record - all of my coffee is made using either a Moccamaster KBGT or a Chemex Classic carafe. 

So, I would describe this coffee as having zesty fruit notes in the front with a smooth milk chocolate finish.  It feels like velvet on the palette - so it's an easy yet energetic brew.  It's so easy that when I finished my mug, I was kinda disappointed.  No, not kinda... I was sincerely disappointed that it was already gone.  Now I have to wait until tomorrow morning to enjoy another travel mug of this coffee.  Que serĂ¡, serĂ¡.

With a new mini tour coming up this month - I've decided that instead of hauling my bike with me, I'm going to bring my skateboard and hit up several skateparks along my route.  I might seek out another coffee roaster too, but I have a good stock now after my recent family trip to Fredericksburg, Texas.

While I was in the Woodlands, Texas about two weeks ago, I skated at the North Houston Skatepark - which is the second largest skatepark in the United States and the largest in Texas.  For this trip - I'm hitting up the Frisco Skate Park (another super large park), the Roanoke Skatepark (featured in this video) as well as TheDailyShredd in Oklahoma City, which is an indoor skatepark!  I've been posting reviews of the skateparks I visit on Google Maps - mainly so I can keep track of the various parks I visit during my travels.  I use Strava to track my progress on my bike rides and hikes - but it doesn't work as well with skateparks since I'm not traversing over a lot of terrain. Plus, I tend to keep my phone off me when I'm skating.

No comments:

Post a Comment