Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Noble Coyote Coffee Roaster – Mapendo (Congo)

Oy!  I'm a wee bit behind on my posts this month, but with so much has been going on, I haven't made time to sit and type it all out... so, let’s start with some coffee!

Today, I opened up a bag of beans from Noble Coyote that are from Congo.  I’m not familiar with Congolese beans, but I'm a fan now.  Here's an outstanding blog post about these beans and their cultivation.  

With the first sip of this brew, I was like, oooooooh yeah!  Right away, I’m tasting dark cherries in the front with a finish of (stay with me here) graham crackers.  Yeah, graham crackers because I can taste that honey, cinnamon essence. It’s mild but definitely not boring.

Noble Coyote says it has a bright and zesty finish…. And yeah, I would agree.  It’s a wonderfully smooth roast that I would not dilute with any creamers or sugar.  Definitely not sugar as it has a natural sweetness that is pleasant.  Also, because of its natural sweetness, this coffee would also be outstanding as a cold brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment